Tuesday, May 8, 2007

How to get high at work and get promoted at the same time

I'm glad you're all happy I'm posting again. Good to see you missed me. And for those reading from their desks at work, I'd try Nebraska Workforce, Monster.com, or CareerLink instead of reading this. It'll benefit you more in the long run if you start looking now.

On to Caleb and his Live Journal. He's got this high at work thing down. For all those who enjoy the ganja, you should take tips from him - and get your application in to Tina. She's hiring, since they're understaffed and the big Father's Day holiday push is in full swing. (Who's getting laid off in July this year? Can I get in on the office pool even though I'm no longer there?)

Caleb, I wonder, since you pulled the posts that I copied and linked to on your LiveJournal page, do you still have a job? (Buy Tina some shoes or a Coke and you'll be ok. Just ask Paulette.) I've heard you do, but you probably shouldn't be posting blog entries from work anymore. (Just FYI.)

Since you pulled those two posts (good thing I thought to copy them for posterity, idnit?) here are a couple more hits from Caleb's bong.

OMG MORE blogging? [Sep. 16th, 2006|01:30 pm]
One would think that having so much freetimeat work would suck a whole lot, but NO! I can sit here and write disjointed little nothings in internet blogs that will get run across by someone at some point. YAY!

So I spent last night in the apartment of some girl I don't know very well smoking out of a bong and watching the Boondock Saints... It was, believe it or not, decent. I may do it again tonight if the whole Spinal Tap thing doesn't pan out. I wanna go seet Spinal Tap at the Dundee tonight, but I want COMPANY GODDAMNSITALLTOHELL! Tired of amusing myself. I need NEW people to pick on. Joins me, people. Joins me....
link post comment


Well, you got your wish. Someone ran across your internet blog. Congrats. So, this bong smoking thing, I'm seeing a pattern here. Do you want to be on the executive board for Netshops? We think you have potential to grow with the company.

Here's another 'hit' from the past.

...Like Gargling With Bong Water [Sep. 16th, 2006|07:28 am]
It's been an all-together eventful week. I wanna be sleeping, but those who ration my monetary notes say I gotta be here at work.

You ever half-sleep for an entire night? It's exhausting. You lay in bed, not really sure if the noise you just heard was real or not. Maybe that's just me. I do have a lot that goes 'bump' in the night. The coffee's broken and it's not waking me up.
I wonder if I can trade myself in for a better model. I have to remember to ask my mom if she kept the warranty.
My initial thoughts this morning are like this: I'm going to THIS IS SPINAL TAP this evening, and whoever would like to come is totally fuckin' invitied. It is a sure-fired jolly time of Caleb-like proportions.


I'm really very bored with all of this and wish that I had someone to talk to or hang out with. But I don't. OH, ABBA-ZABBA! YOU'RE MY ONLY FRIEND! And the internet. The good old reliable internet.....
link post comment


Did I say 'hit'? Almost, like from a bong?

Hope you get that promotion you so obviously deserve. Yet another brilliant choice by Netshops management. Excellent evaluators of talent and potential I tells ya!

Oh, and me? Yeah, my new job is great. Fuck you Netshops.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back, a lot of people really enjoy your blog.

(Side Note) Unless this Caleb guy ran off with your wife, why are you attacking him? Are you sure that's cool?

As each week passes, we witness the decisions that Netshops makes. Netshops has been faced with several important decisions in the last 3 months. They have failed miserably at every one of them.

You heard it here first. NetShops will not have an IPO period, much less in 2008.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laid_off_by_netshops said...

Leigh, I think I love you. Will you have my babies? :D

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.