Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Funny story - Netshops pay sucks

Man walks into a bar with a leprechaun on his shoulder...

Wait.

Wrong story.


Waaaay back when, I was interviewed and hired by Netshops, I negotiated for a number of things - higher pay, more vacation, etc. Regarding pay, I was told they couldn't match what I was currently making, but if I was with the company for a year and was promoted, they'd bump me up to what I'd been making pre-Netshops.

Silly me, I believed them.

When it was time for my review, I met all of the requirements discussed in my interview. I got a raise, but it was well short of what I'd been making in the past. I convinced myself (and my family) that it was ok, because the benefits and the 'fun' of working at Netshops outweighed the pay I wasn't getting.

Then I got laid off.

As you know, I've had a new job for quite a while now. Funny thing is, I'm making more now than I was before I started at Netshops. So I guess I owe Netshops management a thank you. Thank you for lying to me about my future pay increase, thank you for laying me off. I'm better off now for the experience and I no longer have to worry about being laid off once every 6 monhs.

Current members of management still have to though...

Karma's a bitch.

No comments: